Periods are an important part of a girl’s life, which every girl has to go through. But during the days of menstruation, girls also have to face a lot of problems. On the one hand, the unbearable pain and cramps during periods, on the other hand the wetness of the pad and the fear of stains do not let you sleep peacefully. Although sanitary napkins make your periods easier, there may be some even better options, which you can use during your period. Currently apart from pads, there are many other menstrual hygiene products, which are used during periods. One of these menstrual hygiene products is tampons, which are very easy and safe to use. But even today there are many people who have not even heard about the use of tampons. So let us tell you here what a tampon is and how it is used.
What is tampon?
According to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), a tampon is a small plug of cotton. The FDA counts tampons as one of the medical devices. When girls are on their periods, tampons are inserted into the vagina to absorb the flow. There is no fear of stains by using it. You can buy small, medium and large tampons from the market according to your flow. It is so small that you can easily carry it in your pocket or purse. A tampon fits securely inside the vagina where there are very few sensory nerves. The tampon swells up in the walls of the vagina to absorb the menstrual discharge. And don’t worry that you won’t feel it after using a tampon (all girls have this fear at first). The mouth of the cervix is so small that a tampon cannot enter it. And there is a small thread on one end of the tampon so that it can be taken out easily.
How to use tampon?
- Using a tampon like a sanitary napkin is quite easy. Using it for the first time can be a bit uncomfortable. Read the directions on the pack carefully before using it for the first time.
- Before using a tampon during periods, clean your hands thoroughly and remove the tampon from the packet.
- Now, sitting or standing, insert the tampon inside your vagina in any position.
- While inserting the tampon inside the vagina, keep in mind that its thread is facing outwards.
- Push the tampon in a little bit and go about your everyday tasks in a comfortable way.
- When removing the tampon, pull the thread outwards. Care is to be taken that the thread should be set in such a way that it is neither visible nor dirty.
After how much time to change tampon?
Tampons can be worn for 6 to 8 hours at a time. After that you should change. Why? So that there is no risk of any kind of dryness or infection, because tampons absorb all the menstrual bleeding inside, due to which we neither feel any kind of wetness nor feel that we are having periods. Wearing a tampon for a long time or wearing it for a long period of time puts you at risk of ‘toxic shock syndrome’ which can be fatal. The symptoms of TSS syndrome are high fever, body rash and vomiting. If you are also going to sleep and are going to sleep more than 8 hours, then it is better to use sanitary pads at night.
Benefits of using tampons:
- You can easily carry the tampon by keeping it in your pocket.
- The tampon absorbs your menstrual blood before it comes out, so no smell or smell of any kind can come out. This makes you feel more fresh and clean.
- Tampons are a good option for heavy blood flow and do not make you feel wet.
- Once you have it fitted properly, there is no problem of Leakage, it is very easy to pull the tampon out with the help of string, but it comes out easily by hand too.
- You can easily run, swim or dance with a tampon
- There is no age to wear tampons. If you know, you can wear it even in 16 years. It totally depends on you. Wear a tampon when you’re comfortable. There is no such age or guide line to use it.
- After applying a tampon, you feel completely relaxed, which is not there when you apply a pad. You don’t even know that you are wearing some extras.
Types Of Tampons:-
Tampons come in a variety of sizes and absorbency. You will find these in all sizes, small, medium and large. So choose it on the basis of your comfort level, just like any normal pad. Since tampons handle leakage very well, there is no need to worry about any stains.
Keep these Important things in mind while using tampons:
- Failure to change the tampon from time to time can lead to infection.
- If you experience any pain, discomfort or unusual symptoms after wearing a tampon, contact your doctor immediately.
- Change each tampon every 4 to 8 hours. Do not wear a tampon for more than 8 hours at a time.
- Since tampons are inserted inside the vagina, it is very important to take care of hygiene. For this reason, it is also advised to wash hands before using it. Because dirty tampons are prone to vaginal infections, which can be dangerous.
Side effects of using tampons:-
- If you do not change the tampon from time to time, it can cause infection. Including toxic shock syndrome.
- Tampons are a little harder to use than pads and can be painful at times.
- 8 Household tips will give relief in teeth pain
- Neck Pain: Causes, Symptom, prevent, Treatment and Home Remedies
- Stone Medicine and Instant Relief from Stone Pain
- Home Remedies for Get Rid of Pain after Threading
- Back Pain Home Remedy Get Rid of Soon