- What is tingling?
- Causes of tingling and numbness in the body
- Symptoms Of Tingling Sensation
- Home remedies to get rid of tingling in hands and feet
Often, a problem related to the hands and feet is repeatedly mentioned while resting or sitting, which is colloquially called ‘feet asleep’ or ‘tingling’. Although it is not a serious problem, it can affect the whole routine. That is why in this article of Stylecrase, we are going to tell you the causes of tingling in hands and feet as well as home remedies to remove tingling in hands and feet, so that you can get relief from this problem. So let’s know about the causes of tingling in hands and feet and its home remedies.
What is tingling?
The tingling in the hands and feet is often seen as a needle or pin prick. In the medical world, it has been named as paraesthesia. Under this problem, any part of the hand or foot becomes numb and there is a feeling of strong tingling. This is an occasional problem. Although this tingling can occur in any part of the body, it most commonly affects the fingers, hands, arms, feet and soles . Next we will look at the reason for such tingling in hands and feet.
Causes of tingling and numbness in the body-
- Sitting or standing in one position for a long time.
- Herniated disc
- Autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis
- Any kind of injury to the nerves such as injury to the neck or back.
- Due to pressure on the spinal nerve.
- Pressure on peripheral nerves due to tumor or infection.
- Shingles means herpes zoster (fluid filled abscess).
- Due to atherosclerosis (a problem related to the arteries) or swelling of the veins, there is no proper supply of blood to the organ.
- Unbalanced amounts of calcium, potassium and sodium in the body.
- Lack of B vitamins or folate in the body.
- Because of a certain kind of medicine.
- Nerve damage caused by alcohol, smoking, or chemotherapy.
- Bites from animals or insects.
- Due to some kind of toxic element present in seafood.
- Because of any kind of birth defect.
Tingling in hands and feet can also occur due to some medical conditions:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (specifically the nerve in the wrist that can be affected)
- problem of diabetes
- migraine problem
- Multiple sclerosis (a type of autoimmune problem that affects the central nervous system)
- epilepsy problem
- Thyroid problems
Symptoms Of Tingling Sensation-
Tingling in the whole body or tingling in the hands and feet is a symptom in itself. But, the person may still feel something in the body or in the affected part of the body before this happens. We are giving information about these here
- Prickling and tingling feeling
- Numbness of the affected limb.
Home remedies to get rid of tingling in hands and feet-
Lavender Essential Oil
Mix lavender and almond oil. Now massage hands and feet with it. Lavender essential oil can be used as a home remedy for tingling in the legs Restless leg syndrome is a problem related to the nervous system, in which there is an urge to move the legs frequently. If we talk about its symptoms, then it also includes tingling. It is believed that lavender oil massage can help reduce this problem by reducing the tingling caused by it.
Massage may be an option for tingling in the hands and feet. In fact, according to a study published on the NCBI website, massaging the body can relax the nervous system. This can reduce tingling in the left hand due to a problem with the nervous system.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Put apple cider vinegar in lukewarm water. Now immerse the affected part in this water.
If desired, apple cider vinegar can be applied directly on the affected area. Apple cider vinegar can be helpful in relieving tingling. In fact, according to a research published on the NCBI website, the use of apple cider vinegar was found to be beneficial in patients with varicose veins. Reducing pain, swelling, tingling, cramping and other similar symptoms. In such a situation, apple vinegar can prove to be useful to remove tingling in the hands and feet.
Pour hot water into the heating bag and close the lid tightly.
Now apply it on the affected area. Hot compress can be useful as a home remedy to remove tingling in hands and feet. As we have already informed that sometimes tingling problem can also occur due to lack of proper blood flow in the body part. In this case, warm warm compresses can be an effective way to increase blood circulation in the affected hands and feet.
Ginkgo Biloba Herbal Tea
Add ginkgo biloba tea leaves to a cup of water. Now boil it well for five minutes. Then filter it in a cup and keep it to cool down a bit.
Now drink honey mixed with it. You can consume this tea once or twice a day. Like we have already mentioned in the cause of tingling in the body, swelling in the blood vessels can also be responsible for this. In this case, consuming anti-inflammatory foods or beverages can be useful. Ginkgo biloba also has anti-inflammatory properties, which may be helpful in reducing inflammation (its same property may prevent tingling.
Add a cup of rock salt to a tub full of water. Keep the affected area immersed in this water for about 20-30 minutes. If you want, you can also make the water lukewarm. If you want to reduce tingling in the body, then the benefits of rock salt can be seen in it. Relaxing muscles is one of those properties. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which can be beneficial for reducing or preventing inflammation. In such a situation, sometimes the use of rock salt in bath water can be helpful in relaxing the muscles and nerves of the body
Cinnamon oil can be applied regularly on hands and feet.
If oil is not available, then adding cinnamon powder to mustard oil can also be used. Talking about the benefits of cinnamon, it also includes improving blood circulation in the body. In particular, cinnamon oil may be helpful in improving blood circulation in the hands and feet. At the same time, we have already told that not having proper blood circulation in the organs can also be a reason for tingling. In such a situation, the use of cinnamon can be beneficial to prevent or deal with this condition. That’s why lentils
- Veins Cramps instant relief 8 Home Remedies
- Excessive Sleepiness during the day, it can be a deadly disease, know the symptoms and treatment
- Tonsils: Get Instant Relief from tonsils with these 7 Home Remedies
- Learn how to use Covid-19 Self test kit at home and get results in 15 minutes