August 15th, that is, Independence Day is very special for the Indian people. On this day, India had stepped into a new era breaking the chains of medieval and British slavery. But today we are going to tell you some things on this special occasion of Independence Day, which you hardly know. So let’s know some untold and interesting things related to this special day.
Interesting things related to August 15-
1. Did you know when India got independence on August 15, 1947, then the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi was not in the celebration. He was fasting to prevent communal violence between Hindus and Muslims in Noakhali, Bengal.
2. Lord Mountbatten chose the day of August 15 for the independence of India because he considered this day very lucky for his tenure.
3. On the midnight of August 14, Jawaharlal Nehru gave his historic speech ‘Trish with Destiny’, which the whole world heard. But Gandhiji could not hear this speech because he went to sleep.
4. Every year on Independence Day, the Indian Prime Minister hoists the flag from the Red Fort. But this did not happen on August 15, 1947. According to a research paper, Nehru hoisted the flag on August 16, 1947 from the Red Fort.
5. India became independent on August 15, but at that time there was no national anthem of its own. Rabindranath Tagore wrote ‘Jan-Gan-Mann’ in 1911, but it was declared a national anthem in 1950 itself.
6. Not just India, South Korea, Bahrain and Congo nation also got freedom this day, although their year was different.