Knee pain has become very common these days, and it increases even more when it is winter. To get rid of this, first of all, a doctor should be consulted. But unless necessary, you can get rid of knee pain by adopting these home remedies. Let us tell you which home remedies you can adopt to get relief from knee pain.
Causes of knee pain:
- poor blood circulation in the knee muscles,
- strain or tension in the knee muscles,
- knee injury effect
- There may be an increase in the level of uric acid in the blood.
- Swelling from excess pressure on the knees can also cause pain.
- Weight gain can cause knee pain.
Home remedies for Knee Pain:
- Triphala with Honey and Ghee – Taking Triphala powder with honey provides relief from knee pain. Mix half a teaspoon of Triphala powder in a teaspoon of honey. Also add half a teaspoon of desi ghee to it. Consuming it every morning gives relief in pain.
- Basil juice – Whether the pain is in the knee or in any other joint of the body, the consumption of basil juice is very beneficial. For this, take out the juice of one spoon basil leaves and drink it after mixing it in a glass of lukewarm water. Doing this daily will give relief in pain.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe vera benefits in knee pain and other joint pain. In case of pain, take out the pulp of aloe vera and mix turmeric powder in it, heat it and tie it on the painful area. This gives quick relief in pain and swelling.
- Ginger- The use of ginger also provides relief from knee pain. It must be used during winter days. Make sure to consume ginger daily through tea, vegetables, chutneys and pickles. It is not only beneficial for knee pain, but also provides relief in cough, cold and respiratory diseases along with pain and swelling of other joints.
- Fenugreek Seeds – Use Fennel Seeds to get relief from pain. For this, after eating half a spoonful of fenugreek seeds, eat it with warm water in the morning and evening. If you want, soak half a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in half a glass of water at night. Chew it on an empty stomach in the morning, and drink water too, you will get relief.
- Turmeric Milk – Consumption of turmeric milk also gives great relief in the pain of knees or other joints. Mixing half a teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk and drinking it before sleeping at night provides relief from pain. Instead of turmeric powder, if you grind raw turmeric and drink it mixed with milk, then you get relief even more quickly.
- Ice: If the joint is swollen and feels hot to the touch, ice therapy works wonders to reduce pain and swelling.
- Warm water – Soak a soft cloth in warm water and squeeze it, now compress the knees with this cloth. Doing this also gives relief in knee pain.
- Eat hot things – Use more hot things like cinnamon, cumin, ginger and turmeric in the food. Consuming them helps in reducing swelling and pain in the knees.
- Neem and castor oil – Mix equal amounts of neem and castor oil and heat it lightly, then massage the joints with this oil in the morning and evening. This will also give relief in knee pain.