Do you know Why kidney is damaged soon, If not, then in today’s article we will talk to you about this, Due to some of our habits, there can be a lot of damage to the kidney, which can prove to be fatal at times. Kidney is a very important part of the body which keeps you safe from many big problems. The main function of the kidney is to filter out the waste material from the body and balance the supply of chemical free and healthy blood in the body. But if there is excessive pressure on it, then many times there is a problem in it and the chances of failure increase. The reason for this is believed to be irregular lifestyle, negligence in medication and some bad habits. In the last few years, there has been a significant increase in the cases of kidney failure. To prevent kidney damage before age, we can save it by making changes in some habits. So let’s know those habits which if we change, then we can avoid kidney problem.
Reason for kidney damage:
- Excess salt intake– Let us tell you that 95 percent of the sodium we eat through food is metabolized by the kidneys, so excessive intake of salt can harm our kidneys.
- Consumption of less water- If you drink water in very less quantity, then the most damage is done to the kidneys. Due to lack of water, the kidneys have to face more stress in filtering and due to this the risk of kidney and urinary tract infections also increases. Not only this, due to drinking less water, the risk of kidney stones also increases.
- Smoking – Smoking not only damages the lungs, due to which the kidneys also start getting damaged. In such a situation, if you are smoking in any way, then make a distance from it. Your kidneys may be getting affected by this.
- Holding urine for a long time- Many people hold urine for a long time. By doing this, the bladder remains full of urine for several hours and due to its holding for a long time, it causes severe damage to the kidney.
- Use of excessive painkillers – Many people eat painkillers when there is little pain, which is very harmful. It can damage your kidneys. In such a situation, avoid buying medicines without doctor’s advice.
How to keep kidney healthy:
- Stay fit and active. This keeps your blood pressure low, which maintains kidney health.
- If you have blood sugar, then you should keep blood sugar under regular control, because people with diabetes are at risk of kidney damage.
- Eat healthy and keep weight under control. Reduce salt intake, only 5 to 6 grams of salt should be taken daily. For this, eat less processed and restaurant food and do not add salt on top of the food. If you cook yourself with fresh ingredients, this can be avoided.
- Drink one and a half to two liters i.e. three to four big glasses of water daily. By taking plenty of fluids, sodium, urea and toxic substances are cleared from the kidney, due to which the risk of causing chronic kidney disease is greatly reduced.
- Do not smoke, it reduces blood flow and also increases the risk of kidney cancer by 50 percent.
- Do not take medicines of your own free will. Medicines like ibuprofen can damage the kidneys if taken regularly.