Most people like to take a nap after having lunch in the afternoon on a holiday. But if you suddenly fall asleep while doing some work, then it can cause trouble for you. It can be very dangerous to fall asleep, especially while driving or doing some important work. But there is such a disease in which a person can sleep anytime and anywhere. let’s know –
What is Narcolepsy?
Narcolepsy is a neurological disease in which the patient has sleep attacks. In this disease, the person starts falling asleep at any time. In this, the person feels lack of sleep even after complete sleep. His brain is unable to function according to the normal process of sleeping and waking up. Sometimes in this condition the person is not able to even touch his hands and feet. Such a condition is called sleep paralysis.
Symptoms of Narcolepsy-
- Frequent and occasional sleeplessness during the day
- Cataplexy sleep paralysis is the inability of the patient to walk, speak or do anything just before falling asleep.
- To be confused
- To be restless
Cause of narcolepsy-
In most cases, there is a deficiency of the hormone hypocretin in the body of a person suffering from narcolepsy. This hormone helps to keep the mind awake. When there is no hypocretin and moon in the body, problems arise in the arrangement of the sleep and wake cycles.
Treatment of narcolepsy-
Consult a sleep medicine exporter if you have symptoms of narcolepsy. Although there is no cure for this disease, but the effect of some medicines can help in reducing its effect.
7 Remedies to Get rid of narcolepsy-
Narcolepsy is a sleep disorder in which the patient falls asleep suddenly, often in unexpected places. In this disease, the patient falls asleep sitting at any time, even while laughing or crying. The patient remains sleepy and tired throughout the day.
- It is very important for narcolepsy patients to make a sleeping schedule. Go to bed at the same time every day and leave the bed in the morning. Do not do activities like reading or watching TV in the bedroom, it can disturb sleep.
- Take small naps of sleep at equal intervals throughout the day. These naps can be of 15-20 minutes. Taking a nap will make you feel refreshed and you will not be able to sleep for the next three to four hours. If some people need more, the nap time can also be increased.
- Some people have a habit of taking alcohol or nicotine at night. If you have sleep disorders or sleep disorders, in both cases nicotine and alcohol consumption can increase the symptoms of these problems. so avoid them
- Exercising regularly can control your sleep disorders. If you make it a habit to exercise regularly four to five hours before bedtime, then you will sleep better at night and you will not feel drowsy throughout the day.
- Sometimes red chili helps in this problem. Cayenne should be consumed with juice. It can effectively help in reducing narcolepsy. Along with this, calcium and magnesium supplements help reduce the problem of narcolepsy.
- You should avoid driving when you are feeling sleepy as it can be very dangerous for you and other people on the road. Also, driving requires a lot of concentration, due to which sleep starts early. Avoid operating heavy machines if you have narcolepsy.
- The most commonly used drug to treat EDS is Modafinil. The use of this drug has been allowed since 1999 for the treatment of narcolepsy. However, some people may also experience some side effects from consuming it. Therefore it is better to consult a doctor once before eating it.
- Consume these 12 things to be healthy with the rising temperature
- Tonsils: Get Instant Relief from tonsils with these 7 Home Remedies
- Learn how to use Covid-19 Self test kit at home and get results in 15 minutes
- Get instant relief in foot pain with these 5 Effective home remedies