The thyroid is a type of gland that is exactly in the front of the throat. This gland controls your body’s metabolism. That is, the food that we eat, it works to convert it into energy. Apart from this, it also affects your heart, muscles, bones and cholesterol. Thyroid is also known as silent killer. Because its symptoms do not appear together. Symptoms of thyroid dysfunction in men depend on the type of problem, it may be due to any underlying cause, overall health, lifestyle changes and ongoing treatment with medications.
Causes of Thyroid:-
- Thyroidis- This is just an enlarged thyroid gland (goitre), in which the ability to make thyroid hormones is reduced.
- Stress- When the level of stress increases, it affects our thyroid gland the most. This gland increases the secretion of hormones.
- Iodine deficiency- Iodine deficiency or excessive use of food also increases the problem of thyroid.
- Radiation therapy- due to radiation therapy of head, neck and chest or due to radiation treatment for tonsils, lymph nodes, thymus gland problem or acne.
- Family history- If someone in your family has a thyroid problem, then you are more likely to have thyroid. This is the most important cause of thyroid.
- Pregnancy- The next cause of thyroid is pregnancy, including the postpartum period. Pregnancy is a time in a woman’s life when her entire body undergoes massive changes, and she suffers from stress.
- Menopause- Menopause is also the cause of thyroid because many types of hormonal changes occur in a woman during the time of menopause. Which sometimes causes thyroid.
Symptoms of Thyroid:-
- Early fatigue
- Increased sensitivity to cold.
- Dry skin.
- Weight gain.
- Puffy face.
- Memory loss
- Muscle weakness.
- Elevated blood cholesterol level
- Muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness
- Pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints
- Heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods
- Thinning hair
- Slowed heart rate
- Impaired memory
- Enlarged thyroid gland
Home remedies for thyroid:-
- Coriander water:- In this disease, coriander water can be drunk. To make coriander water, soak 1 to 2 teaspoons of coriander in a copper vessel in the evening with water, and in the morning mash it well and filter it and drink it slowly.
- Flaxseed: – 1 teaspoon powder of flaxseed can be used in this disease.
- Ginger: – The properties present in ginger like potassium, magnesium etc. get rid of thyroid problem. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties preventing the thyroid from growing and improving its functioning.
- Mulethi: – Thyroid patients start feeling tired very quickly and they get tired soon. In this way, consuming liquorice is very beneficial. Elements present in liquorice make the thyroid gland balanced. And turn fatigue into energy. Liquorice also prevents cancer from growing in the thyroid.
- Whole Grains: – Consumption of whole grains like barley, pasta and bread etc. does not cause thyroid problems because whole grains have high amount of fiber, protein and vitamins etc. which prevents the thyroid from growing.
- Gourd: – To get rid of thyroid disease, drink gourd juice daily on an empty stomach in the morning. After this, drink two drops of basil and a few drops of aloe vera juice in a glass of fresh water. Now you should not eat anything for half an hour. By doing this daily, thyroid disease will be cured quickly.
- Black Pepper: – If you want to cure thyroid, then immediately start consuming black pepper. Consuming black pepper cures thyroid disease. You can consume black pepper in any way.
- Egg: – Egg food is also beneficial for the thyroid patient. Eating an egg keeps the thyroid in control.
- Give cold hot fomentation to the throat: – In the problem of thyroid, giving cold-hot fomentation to the throat is beneficial. For this, fill hot water in a bottle and separate cold water separately in a vessel. Soak a towel in cold water and compress it in this way. Grown for three minutes with hot water and then for one minute with cold water. Do this three times. And in the fourth turn, bake three minutes of cold and three minutes of hot water. You must do this remedy at least two times in a day.
You will definitely get benefit from all these remedies, but keep in mind that if the problem is not controlled by domestic trials, then contact the doctor.
What should not eat in thyroid:-
- Sugar – Avoid eating too much sugar when you have thyroid. If possible, avoid all those dishes which contain sugar.
- Coffee – Drinking too much coffee can also cause thyroid problems. Epinephrine and norepinephrine present in coffee promote thyroid.
- Avoid Cabbage – If you are taking thyroid treatment, also avoid eating cabbage and broccoli.
- Gluten – Gluten contains proteins that weaken the immune system. Therefore, avoid it when you have a thyroid.
- Soya – Well, one should not eat soya during the treatment of hypothyroidism. However, it is said that you can eat it after 4 hours of taking thyroid medicine.