Enjoying the rain with sips of tea in monsoon is a different fun. But in this season our house also has to suffer some damage. In the monsoon itself, there are many problems like dampness, fungus and leakage in the house, which become a big problem for the people living in the house. That’s why today we will tell you the reasons for the dampness of the house and some tips to save the house from the dampness, so that you will be able to give a good look to the house in the monsoon.
Main reason of dampness-
- The dampness seen in the walls, roof edges, kitchen or bathroom of the house is not only visible due to rain, but other reasons are also responsible for this like ground water i.e. ground water which climbs from the walls to the top of the building. comes till.
- Even if the DPC (Damp Proofing Code) is not done properly while building the house, this problem still comes. Similarly, even if there are cracks while plastering the walls, the rain water spreads inside through them, which causes dampness. Apart from this, if there is any leakage in the kitchen or toilet pipeline, then it also causes dampness.
How to protect the house from dampness-
- Find out the causes of dampness- First of all, it is necessary to find out the causes of dampness so that it can be stopped from the right place. There are 2 ways to detect dampness. The first is to fill a little water in the water tank and mix the indigo put in clothes in it and leave it for 2 days. When the water of the tank comes into the house, it will show a blue color at the place of leakage. By this the exact location of the leakage will be known. If there is rain water then it comes from the cracks in the outer walls which can be rectified by getting proper plaster.
- Use waterproofing products- Waterproofing products are very effective in preventing dampness. There are 3 types of range in these too- one which is applied like direct paint. This is called waterproofing one and waterproofing two compound. The second thing is LW Plasto which is mixed with cement and plastered and the third is epoxy. It also occurs in the form of paint, which is a bit like plastic. Due to this there are no cracks and the risk of dampness is less.
- Check the plaster- Check the plaster of the outer walls in the monsoon. If cracks are seen, get the plaster done again. Putty before plaster. When you get plaster done, definitely mix waterproofing compound in it. Before getting painted, pay attention to the plaster of the walls. Paint it only after filling its cracks. If the cracks in the exterior walls are repaired, then the waterproof paint done on them acts as an additional protection.
- Decide on the right time during painting- The weather is all right for getting the paint done, but the best time is summer, because 3 layers are applied to paint and before that putty is also applied, which is the wall. Putty says. It dries quickly in hot weather. Actually, to save labor time, one layer on top of the other goes on putting. In such a situation, if one layer is not dried and the other is put on, then there is a fear of cracking. In hot weather the paint dries quickly and the layer gets solidified. If a crack is seen in it at that time, then only then can it be repaired. Although paint and polish also cause dampness, but this happens during the rainy season, because then moisture remains inside the paint or polish, due to which the dampness is visible later.
- Use a waterproofing compound – If your house is showing dampness, do not panic, there are waterproofing compounds, which include instant waterproofing compound and which give effective results even when applied on wet walls, because It works instant.
- Before building a new house, take care of the seal – If you are thinking of building a new house, then do not forget to get the damp proofing code done in it. If a basement is being built in the building, then it is very important to get it waterproofed. The main cause of dampness is ground water. If ground water climbs on one wall, it gets on the whole building. Nowadays, PVC pipes are installed in homes, so the risk of sealing from the pipe has reduced. But ground water is the cause of most dampness. Plaster of exterior walls should be done by pouring waterproofing compound which should be at least up to 15 mm.
- Diwali Decoration with Old things from Diwali Cleaning
- Why Celebrate Halloween, What’s the Story behind it
- Surat is selling 24 carat Gold Sweets, cost 9000 Rupees
- Know 7 Important Rules Related to ‘National Flag’
- Windows 10: Best Tips and Tricks – TuberTip.com